Please find an official update to enrollment processes and deadlines at the DCPS enrollment website by clicking HERE. On this site, you will see the steps for completing the packet, as well as the link for the enrollment form.
Please contact the DCPS enrollment team with additional questions. The DCPS enrollment team can be reached at email@example.com.
Murch ES Enrollment Updates
Below are a few Murch-specific updates and FAQ’s regarding enrollment:
- As a reminder, all new and returning students at Murch ES need to submit an enrollment packet.
- The Murch Welcome Center team encourages electronic submission of enrollment packets to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and to comply with the DCPS no-visitor policy. If you need assistance with enrollment, please contact the Welcome Center at 202-282-0130 or email MurchESEnroll@k12.dc.gov.
- Every student needs to submit an enrollment packet (meaning that families with more than 1 child at Murch/in DCPS need to enter and submit a separate packet for each child).
- DCPS requires proof of residency for new and returning students. These documents should be attached to your enrollment packet.
- Please prepare to provide proof of immunization and signed and dated Health Forms for the upcoming school year 2021/2022. Health Forms are valid for 12 months from the date of the health exam.
- The deadline for accepting your My School DC lottery seat is May 3, 2021. At Murch, this primarily applies to matched Pre-K 4 students. While there is no deadline for completing enrollment for returning students, we strongly encourage all returning students to complete enrollment by June 24th. This allows us to meet benchmarks set by downtown and to plan accordingly for class sizes and teacher staffing.
- Please make sure to select the correct school year when enrolling. Students may still enroll for this school year (20-21), so please make sure you are selecting the 21-22 forms when enrolling for next school year as the forms do change slightly year to year.
- If you are NOT returning to Murch next school year, please let Ms. McGraw know via email so a withdrawal form can be sent to you. The withdrawal form can be completed and sent back via email.
- Fifth grade parents, please let Ms. McGraw know via email your student is NOT headed on to Deal MS so a withdrawal form can be sent to you. The withdrawal form can be completed and sent back via email. The withdrawal form is an important step, as it means that your child’s cumulative record will stay/be stored here at Murch and not travel on with them to Deal.
- If you have any questions or need assistance with the enrollment process, please reach out to the Welcome Center team with any questions: MurchESEnroll@k12.dc.gov.
Murch families, we look forward to receiving your enrollment packets electronically and welcoming your students for the 2021-22 school year!