- If your child will be absent from class, either in person or virtually, please fill out the following form to inform the school of your child’s absence: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrzy-g8y5hM6RFWR-MrwYuBMK1fDcPANHrPSajnY-_VngYBw/viewform
- Please remember to log into CANVAS every day in order to be marked present. This includes asynchronous learning days. Your child will be marked absent if your child doesn’t log into CANVAS on Wednesdays.
- If your child will miss the full day of virtual learning, please fill out the form above. However, if your child is only missing part of the day of virtual learning, inform your teacher of the time missed. As long as your child logs into CANVAS at one point during the day between the hours of 6am-12 midnight, your child will be considered present for the day.
- Daily attendance for students who are in-person learning classrooms will be based on the attendance that your child’s teacher takes each day. If your student is not physically present at school, they will be considered absent for the day. Your child will still be considered absent even if your child signs on virtually. However, please fill out the reason for your absence on the Murch Absence form and mark that you will be participating virtually for the day.
- If a student does not attend their assigned in-person learning class at least once within the first 5 days, the student will lose their seat. Additionally, in-person learning students will be withdrawn according to the attendance policy after 20 consecutive unexcused daily absences.
- During quarantine period(s), students are expected to log into Canvas for distance learning unless they are ill. Attendance for students during this time, whether in-person or CARE, will be based on Canvas log-ins and activity. However, it’s essential that you fill out the Murch absence form to inform the school that your child is in quarantine. In cases where students are ill and not able to log in, parents must submit an excuse note so absences can be properly noted.
CARE Classroom Learners:
- Daily attendance for students in CARE classrooms will continue to be based on Canvas log-ins and activity. Students will log in for virtual instruction while in their classroom, and attendance will be captured there. Staff members leading each class will also take attendance, but this in-person attendance is not used for legal daily attendance requirements.
- If a student does not physically attend their assigned CARE class at least once within the first 5 days, the student will lose their seat. Students will also lose seats if they accumulate 15 cumulative unexcused physical absences. Additionally, CARE students will be withdrawn from their school according to the attendance policy after 20 consecutive unexcused daily absences.