There are many opportunities to get involved at Murch beyond the school day. Click on the items below to get a more in-depth description.
Physical Fitness is a Murch Priority
Athletic activities complement the academic curriculum by teaching important skills such as teamwork and perseverance. The P.E. curriculum emphasizes discipline, sportsmanship, and cooperation. Students explore movement and learn skills for lifelong participation in physical activity. Younger students focus on improved motor skills, coordination, and the pure fun of movement. Older students enjoy the challenges of team work, skill-building, and personal accomplishment.
Murch sponsors Girls on the Run.
Murch also sponsors official DCIAA sports teams for 4th & 5th graders:
Contact the Murch main office (202-282-0130) for up-to-date athletics info.
DCIAA Required Forms
To participate in one of the DCIAA teams (cross country, basketball, or track & field), students need to submit the following required paperwork to their coach by the start of the season:
- AT 13 Form (Consent for Participation Form)
- AT 14 Form (Emergency Treatment Form)
- Universal Health Certificate (the form needs to be unexpired with an exam date less than 365 days old)
- Concussion Information Sheet
These forms can be submitted electronically (electronic submission is preferred) via the following link: https://dcgov.seamlessdocs.
Students with certain medical conditions may also need to complete:
Additional information can be found on the DCIAA website.
- Earth Day Photo Contest
- Fall Fair
- Field Day
- Field Trips
- Fifth-grade Promotion & Reception
- International Night
- Lip Sync
- Martin Luther King Jr Day of Service
- School Play
- Season of Light performance
- Shoebox Project
- Spirit Week
- Student Council Elections
- Talent Show
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Walk for the Homeless