Good morning Murch Families!
Some of our COVID precautions will be familiar from 2020-2021 such as everyone wearing masks, quarantine rules after travel, HVAC upgrades, and social distancing. Other precautions have shifted some – cohorts of students can now interact at recess, adults can interact with multiple cohorts of students, we’ll start to use the cafeteria again for grades 2 – 5, and specials and special education services will be taught in person!
Student Absence Reporting
If you need to report your child’s absence for any reason, please complete the Murch Absence Form. The google document is found on the yellow horizontal bar of the Murch webpage: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrzy-g8y5hM6RFWR-MrwYuBMK1fDcPANHrPSajnY-_VngYBw/viewform
As you may know, DCPS/DC Health has implemented a “No Shots, No School” exclusion policy to help keep our students and staff safe. We are asking that all parents provide up to date immunization records for the students along with updated health certificates, dental assessments, and medication/procedure plans if applicable. Email any paperwork to Stefanie.Berger@k12.dc.gov and Nurse Meseret Gebre, email@example.com.
Please visit our webpage for a more comprehensive explanation about Immunization and Health record at https://murchschool.org/please-read-submission-of-health-dental-forms-immunization-update/
Travel Guidance and Quarantine Requirements
As we are returning from summer travel, please note that there are still quarantine guidelines in place for students. You must email our nurse, firstname.lastname@example.org and Stefanie.Berger@k12.dc.gov if your child will be traveling/quarantine from travel. As a note, there is no virtual instruction available for students who are quarantining due to travel. Please be sure to plan accordingly so your child is ready to attend the first day of school on Monday, August 30th!
Unvaccinated people should:
- Get a PCR/viral (not rapid) COVID-19 test 3-5 days after returning home from their trip outside the DMV area (DC, Maryland and Virginia)
- Quarantine at home until test results return. Once a negative test is received, students may return to school (with the exception that international trips still require a 7 day quarantine).
- If no test is done, unvaccinated people must self-quarantine for 10 days after returning home
- See here for more complete travel and health guidance.
Students may not attend school after traveling unless they have shared negative PCR/viral test results (taken 3 – 5 days after return) OR have completed a 10 day quarantine. We have not yet decided about virtual instruction for students who will be on quarantine. I will have that conversation with my staff when they arrive on the 20th.
Upcoming Fall Dates
Mark your calendars! The following dates are going to sneak up on us!
- Week of August 9th – Class assignments, student profiles, and welcome back email sent
- August 20th – Teachers return to school
- August 27th– Sneek-Peek
- August 30th – First Day of School for KDG – 5th Grade
- September 2nd – First Full Day for All PK4 students
- September 9th – Back To School Night
Have a great day!