In recent years, the HSA has tried to host Coffee on the Playground for parents once a month (weather permitting), starting with the first day of school.During the school year, the events have typically been held on Fridays. In the winter, Principal C has held one event inside with time for a Q&A with parents.(This was less consistent in 2015-2016 than in prior years.) Coffee on the Playground should be set up just prior to drop off and then continues until about 9 or 9:15.
In the summer of 2016, coffee supplies were stored in the HSA storage space, just to the left of entry. These supplies include:
- a 100 cup coffee urn
- a large, insulated coffee carafe
- a small insulated pitcher for milk or cream
- cups, lids and cardboard sleeves
- napkins and plastic silverware
- trash bags
- packets of sugar and artificial sweetener (these may need to be refreshed)
- a folding table
Past volunteers who may be able to provide more information include Aliza Gerstein (firstname.lastname@example.org), Kathryn Harllee (email@example.com), and Susan Zentay (firstname.lastname@example.org).