The Murch Home & School Association (HSA) supports the school, enhances the education of our students, and creates a strong community for the families, kids, and staff at Murch. We raise funds, put on community events, and organize volunteers to assist the teachers and staff at Murch.
What kind of community events does the HSA organize?
- Fall Fair
- Spring Auction
- Murch Movie Night
- Monthly Coffee on the Playground
- Restaurant Nights
- Parent Potlucks
- ....and much more!
Who makes up the HSA?
All Murch parents and staff are members of the HSA. The HSA has a 15-member Executive Board, but all parents, teachers, and staff are encouraged to participate in meetings and events. You do not need to be a Board Member to get involved or help make our school better!
Please visit the volunteer form to find specific ways you can help Murch with your time and talent.
HSA meetings generally will be held on the second Tuesday of each month. All meetings will be held at Murch at 7 pm. Dates are posted for the upcoming/current school year as soon as they are set.
The HSA Executive Board is composed of: officers who are elected annually by the membership; a teacher representative elected by the teachers; the principal; the immediate past president; and four committee chairs appointed by the co-presidents. The HSA follows the HSA Bylaws, as amended May 2018. To see a copy of the Bylaws, click here.
Special Board Committees
- Planning and Budget: This committee identifies the needs of the students, teachers, administration, parents and facilities of the school as it helps prepare an annual budget for the HSA and evaluate the effectiveness of the Association's budgeted activities.
- Communications: Responsible for publicity concerning the association, this committee oversees the publication of the Murch Directory and manages the murchschool.org website, including a weekly digest of news sent via email to members.
- Personnel: Besides providing advice and assistance in developing employee contracts, job descriptions and personnel policies for all employees of the Association, this committee may prepare reports on employee benefits, pay rates, performance, and hiring and firing; shall provide and assist in hiring and evaluating the employees of the Association. The committee works with the principal and HSA president to oversee the activities of all association employees.
- Ways and Means: This committee oversee fundraising to supplement the membership dues and voluntary contributions, including identifying parents to chair various fundraising events sponsored by the association.
Budget and Finances
- 2022-2023 HSA Budget
- 2021-2022 HSA Budget
- 2020-2021 HSA Budget
- 2019-2020 HSA Budget
- 2018-2019 HSA Budget
- 2017-2018 HSA Budget
- 2016-2017 HSA Budget
- HSA Treasurer's Report 5:12:14
- HSA Treasurer's Report 8:31:13
- HSA Treasurer's Report 12:31:13
- HSA Financial Statements for Prior Years
Activities and Initiatives
The HSA annually finances over $280,000 worth of classroom support, school activities, facilities improvements, and other efforts. This is achieved through a host of fundraising initiatives, including the fall Support-Our-School (SOS) campaign and the spring auction.
The HSA is a key force in building community at Murch. We sponsor both informal gatherings like Coffee on the Playground, and large special events like the Fall Fair. We also produce a school directory and maintain the Murch website. In addition, we reach out to the broader community with activities like Safe Routes to School and Green Scene. We also are involved in the many other community building activities and fundraisers.