For decades, the Auction has been a long-standing tradition at Murch Elementary School. It is the largest fundraiser for the Home and School Association (HSA), which is a non-profit parent-led organization created to help support the students, staff, and teachers of Murch Elementary School.
Through donations, sponsorships, the silent and live auction, and ticket sales, we are able to raise vital funds that benefit our children in myriad ways. The HSA will use these funds, in part, to fund additional resources that aren’t covered in Murch's DCPS budget, including books, laptops, afterschool programs, supplemental field trips, student programming and performances, extracurricular activities, science materials and so much more.
Here are some extra facts you may not know about the Auction:
- In addition to the silent and live auction, the Murch Auction is a big celebration of our wonderful school.
- The Auction theme changes every year, and this year we are celebrating “Murchapalooza!” This will be a music festival theme, with a live band and festival food.
- The Auction was virtual in 2020 and 2021, and we are very excited to be face-to-face again in 2022.
- Our Auction catalog is not just made up of donations from local businesses. You can also bid on class art created by our children, fabulous parties hosted by our parents, and unique experiences offered by our community members.
- Murch teachers donate their time for fun outings with our kids, and Mr. C donates priceless experiences like “Principal for a Day” and "Movie Day at Murch". All of these items are found in a category called Murch Mustangs.
- The Auction items have price points to include something for everyone — from fabulous getaway vacation packages to local gift certificates. There are items to fit every budget.
- Not available to attend the Auction in person, or have out-of-town family who want to participate in the Auction? No worries – with our mobile bidding you can join the fun remotely! You can make a cash donation online, bid remotely, sponsor a teacher’s ticket to the Auction, or have your company sponsor the evening.
We hope this gives you a better idea of what to expect, how to participate, and why we host the annual auction. If you have any follow up questions, or want to get involved, please contact the Auction Co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Thank you so much to all the amazing sponsors and people that have donated to the Auction. All of the incredible donations will help us to raise money for our wonderful school. Thank you also to all the volunteers that have worked so hard to gather donations. You are all greatly appreciated.