LSAT Meeting Minutes
May 1, 2018
Present: Vicki Otten, Lauren Miller, Eugene Branch, Emily Kallaur, Maurice Werner, Alicia Garfinkel, Richard Nugent & Chris Cebrzynski
Recap/Review of the Year
- Survey helped raise the profile of LSAT a bit
- Sent advocacy letters re: nursing coverage issue
- Worked on budget
- Good connection with HSA this year
- Staffing plan is in place for 2018-2019
- Survey gave community feeling of having a voice – good and authentic start
- Parents voiced importance of science instruction – working on figuring out how to continue enhancing it
- Working to incorporate civics instruction in upper grades
- OT Room in new building
- Continue HSA and LSAT relationship
- HSA Budget – Being presented and voted on tonight by the board, and then presented to the entire HSA in two weeks.
- Next year, it is recommended that the HSA Budget Chair continue to be a part of the LSAT
Ideas for next year ….
- Continue communicating with parents
- Look at specific pockets of information we gained from survey and dig deeper to figure out what some answers meant (ex: foreign language, preK resource)
- Buddy families to help families that might struggle to feel included in the community to feel more welcome (e.g. non-English speaking and out of bounds).
- Bring back International Night
Minutes respectfully submitted by Alicia Garfinkel.