In attendance: Alicia Garfinkel, Aaron Hanna, Vicki Otten, Emily Kallaur, Lauren Miller, Karen Abrams and Mr. C
- Review and approve meeting minutes from March and April
Vicki made a motion to approve. Karen seconded the motion. All approved!
Items for Discussion
- Updates from Mr. C
- Filled 3 of the open positions for next year, have 2 more we are interviewing for
- Visit with the Chancellor went well; discussed social-emotional learning, writing program in our school, and Reggio
- Plan for I/E implementation in 2017/18 school year
- Planning for grade 3-5 for I/E, grades 1-2 will have it in class and can do it anytime in their day (those grade levels will no longer be departmentalized)
- Program coordinator will work with team on logistics for enrichment and school-wide support team will be a part of planning instructional pieces
- Kids will have choice of activity during enrichment time
- Increase success in enrichment and self-motivation to complete activity
- Will create a parent link to enrichment program
- Group will sit down early this summer to plan
- Master schedule will have transitions built in throughout the day
- I/E will happen on M, T, Th, F – On Wednesdays, teachers have LEAP meetings and students will have enrichment in the form of the SEM model (not the I/E block)
- Grades K-5
- Students will take surveys of interests
- Roxanne will work with teachers to do planning, create groups, research, etc.
- First 2 weeks is planning, then 6 week cycle, final week is reflection and debrief for students and teachers (there will be 4 of these over the course of the school-year)
- M, T, Th, F – Morning Meeting and Closing Circle in schedule; on Wednesday, no Morning Meeting – but 10 minute transition and announcements with logistics of day, then extended Closing Circle
- HSA Paddles Up $$ will help support this (experiential learning)
- Wilson Feeder Pattern Community Working Group updates
- Reflections on this year and looking ahead: lessons/priorities for next year’s LSAT
- Key takeaway: focusing on one main issue this year (I/E block) led to useful feedback and recommendations for Mr. C. Recommendation to take a similar approach next year.
- Next year’s budgeting and planning process will be geared toward ensuring a successful transition to the modernized Murch on Davenport St.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Alicia Garfinkel