Welcome to murchschool.org, the official website of the Ben W. Murch Home & School Association/PTA, Inc. in Washington, DC. The site serves as the central source of information for school and HSA news, events, programs, and policies. The Murch HSA operates as an independent entity from DC Public Schools.
All site content is determined at the discretion of the Murch HSA Communications Committee and adheres to the following guidelines:
- Content must be directly relevant to the students, teachers, staff, parents, and community of Murch.
- The Murch HSA does not endorse private enterprises, for-profit businesses, non-profit organizations, or products. The site does not solicit or accept paid advertisements. Two caveats: (1) The site reserves the right to acknowledge by name on the site individuals and businesses that sponsor HSA fundraisers and events. (2) As a courtesy to the Murch community, the HSA provides information about community-based organizations and activities that provide charitable services, pre- and aftercare programs, and enrichment activities of interest to our community of parents and children.
- The Murch HSA does not endorse any political party, affiliation, or cause. No such content is permitted on the website.
- No profane, libelous, or intentionally misleading language is permitted on the website.
How We Collect and Use Information from You
- We collect information from you when you fill out a form or send us an email. Any of the information we collect from you may be used to ensure timely, accurate, and appropriate communications on behalf of the HSA and the school.
- The email address you provide may be used to send you information via email, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. At
any point, you can select the link at the bottom of every Murch HSA email to unsubscribe, or to receive less or more information.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. Any trusted third party who assists us in conducting our business over our secure server agrees to keep all information confidential. We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non‐personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to websites that offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. The Murch HSA does not control, maintain or regulate these third party websites and is not responsible for the content of those websites. Use of information obtained from those web sites is voluntary, and reliance on that information should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy. Reference at those web sites to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or preference by the Murch HSA. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Murchschool.org does not collect or publish any personal information from children and does not identify children by name in photographs. Parents may contact the site’s editors to review, correct, or delete any information about or images of their children.
The Murch Newsletter is emailed weekly to subscribed members of the Murch community throughout the school year. Recipients may opt out of receiving the newsletter by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of each issue. Members of the Murch community may submit news, announcements, and activity information (text and photos) to the website editor for