Over the weekend – you might have noticed that the look for the Murch website changed. In case, you are wondering -why? Here are some of the reasons it happened:
- Speed: the old site was rather slow – we’re hoping this new design will run faster and allow all of you to find the information you need much quicker.
- Ease of finding information: on the old site, it was often difficult to find Mr. C’s columns or general news and updates. We’ve tried to lay this out in a way that all the information is easier to find and highlight. We also restructured the menus to make the information easier to find.
- Making sure you see the important things! In the old site – we could only do one featured post – or the big box on the main page – here we can do only one or multiple if there are lots of important stores. We’ve also added a bar right below that where we can put quick links to important things that are happening.
- Maintenance: with the old site you had to know some programming to really change things around. The new site uses a page builder so the Communications folks have an easier time changing things. It also makes it easier for them to edit and add info.
- Automating more functions: anyone can now go in and add an event to the calendar by going to the Parents -> Murch School Calendar -> Add a New Event page. After an event is approved, it will appear in the school calendar. We’ve also added automation of HSA reimbursement requests and plan to do more.
We are not done yet – we still want to add some more features and make it even easier. So, if you have any questions, comments, complaints and applause – let us know! Or take a minute and fill out our Communications Survey.