DCPS needs to hear from you!
|What:||Come find out more about the renovation and ask DCPS your questions!|
|When:||7pm, Wednesday, February 24, 2016|
|Where:||Murch Gym (babysitting will not be provided, but kids welcome)|
|Why:||Construction on our long-awaited construction project is supposed to start in June. But suddenly DCPS says the project is underfunded and has proposed significant design changes, which the School Improvement Team and HSA oppose.|
What will this mean for Murch’s future? Representatives from DCPS, the Murch SIT, and HSA will discuss:
- What’s driving up the cost of the Murch project.
- Why, despite the mayor’s office allocating an additional $10 million a few days ago, DCPS insists it still can’t afford to build the school as designed.
- How proposed design changes would affect Murch students and staff.
- Details about the new swing space plan at UDC.
Another way to make your voice heard: Attend one of the Mayor’s Budget Forums and raise the issue!
- Thursday, February 25, 6:30-8:30 pm at Roosevelt Senior High School (Sign up here to attend.)
- Saturday, February 27, 1-3 pm, DC Department of Employment Services (Sign up here to attend.)
- Monday, February 29, 6:30-8:30 pm, Greenleaf Recreation Center (Sign up here to attend)